The Club holds field outings most weekends, and there are presently two mid-week outings each month. Field trips range from a half-day’s birding at local sites and to campouts. Accommodation on overnight trips varies from camping to motels. If you’re joining a field outing make sure you:
- read the newsletter for further details and contact details of the leader.
- bring something for morning tea and lunch.
For further details about Birding NSW field outings email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See links throughout the monthly list to brief reports.
- Saturday 18 March Club Outing: Royal National Park. Meet at 8:30 am at Wattle Forest Picnic Area near Audley. Turn into Lady Carrington Drive at Audley, then right over the timber bridge to the western side of the river. Turn left and meet at the last car park. Lunch at cars. NB: If the Audley Weir is closed due to flooding, the outing will be cancelled.
- Friday 24 March – Sunday 26 March Central Coast Weekend Campout: Ace Caravan Park, Wyalong . Meet at 8:30 am at the entrance to the caravan park. Visit Charcoal Tank and Buddigower Nature Reserves, Back Creek and Boxalls State Forest, Lake Cowal and Burcher. Lunch at cars.
- Saturday 25 March Grenfell IBA Survey: see notice later in newsletter.
- Wednesday 29 March Midweek Outing: Sydney Olympic Park / Mason Park. Meet at 8.30 am at Belvedere Lake, Bicentennial Park, parking area P10D. Proceed through the main gates, along the road past the Conference Centre until the lake is on your left hand side. The parking area is on the right, just after crossing the bridge. Gradient: easy. Lunch at cars.