If You’re a Beginner
Come to one of our outings! You’ll be surprised and amazed at how enjoyable and informative they can be. You’ll meet members with a wide range of knowledge of birds and their behaviour who are always willing to share their experience. There’s no need to birdwatch alone. Just turn up at any outing or meeting and introduce yourself. You’ll be welcome.
Why Go Birding?
A world of amazing colours, beautiful plumages, songs and fascinating habits await you:
- Discover the beautiful Diamond Firetail, the Rainbow Bee-eater, Turquoise Parrots and other birds.
- Listen to the unforgettable songs of the Superb Lyrebirds, Rufous Whistlers, Bowerbirds and Skylarks.
- Experience the sight of birds of prey soaring on summer thermals.
- Hear the haunting calls of our Bush Stone-Curlews, Nightjars and Owls.
- Be enchanted by our delightful Pardalotes and Robins, be entertained by the antics of Babblers and Choughs.
Birding NSW caters for all interests – beginners, experts and professional ornithologists alike.
- Beginners – Regular weekend and weekday outings are held in a number of locations with an emphasis on enjoyment. Beginners mix with more experienced birders and get lots of advice on bird identification, behaviour, bird calls etc. Binoculars are available for newcomers. Experienced advice is available on field guidebooks, bird call audio and video material, binoculars and spotting scopes.
- Experienced birders – Opportunities to join other experienced birders on field trips, 4WD trips, boat trips, campouts, surveys, tree planting and various other activities.
- Access to the Birding NSW Discussion Forum (more information later this year).
How to Join
Download Membership Application form – 2016. Save the completed form on your desktop and email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the form, complete it, print it and mail to:
PO Box Q277
Queen Victoria Building
SYDNEY NSW 1230
Payment can be made using the online banking information or by post with a cheque.
The application form is available as a Word file here.