- Enjoy bird watching with other birders on the field outings organised by the Sydney and Central Coast branches.
- Discover new birding sites in your local area and further afield.
- Add to your knowledge of birds and learn new tips for identifying them
- Spend the weekend bird watching on Club camp outs or trips to rural NSW.
- Attend the monthly meetings held in Sydney and on the Central Coast.
- Access to the Birding NSW Newsletter and Twitcher on the web.
- Be involved with Conservation projects, including surveys, both those organised by BNSW and other birding Groups.
- Go on pelagic trips and shorebird watching expeditions.
- Mix with more experienced birders and get lots of advice on bird identification, behavior and bird calls.
- Help in choosing field guides, bird call audio material, binoculars and spotting scopes.
How to Become a Member
Click on this link to the Application Form, fill in your details and click submit.
Your application is sent to the Membership Secretary.
Please contact the Membership Secretary at email@example.com
- for alternative methods of payment
- if you are wanting to give a gift subscription
- to make a membership application for a Junior
- any queries re membership.
What are the dates for the BNSW Membership year? Our year starts on 1 October and concludes on 30 September.
New members who join after June 30 receive the 3 months to the end of September as additional membership.
What types of Membership does BNSW have?
BNSW has four categories of Membership
- Single Adult with downloaded Newsletter $40
- Single Adult with posted Newsletter $45
- Family with downloaded Newsletter $45
- Family with posted Newsletter $50
How do I know when my annual membership renewal is due?
You are sent an individual renewal notice, emailed to you by 31 August, or sent by Australia Post if we have no email address for you. The renewal notice gives details for making your renewal payment, including your type of membership, the amount you owe, and methods of payment, either by direct deposit to the Birding NSW bank account or by alternative methods discussed with the Membership Secretary. It also asks you to check your contact details and send us corrections if they are wrong. Your renewal is due by 30 September of the current year.
Do I need to fill out a renewal notice?
No need. We confirm your payment by checking the BNSW bank statement.
What if I can’t remember if I’ve paid?
Please check with the Membership Secretary. Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org